Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What to say, what to say....

Well seeing how I am getting the 3ds tomorrow, I really have nothing to say on this blog seeing how its
 3ds Reviews not just Any Game System Reviews. Though I feel like as the blogger of this blog You the viewer deserves at least one post a day.

So I figured I might as well give a Pre-Op on what I am going to be doing tomorrow and what you can expect over the next few weeks. I am going to give an unboxing video of the 3ds to you guys tomorrow after I receive it. Then I am probably over the next few days give reviews on the many different parts of the console and its software, as well as Street Fighter IV for the 3ds. Then after I receive the Nyko Charge Base with the power pak + I will give a review over that.

So seeing how I can't really talk about the 3ds I might give a mini review over a game I own that will soon be making its way to the 3ds in America, and already made it in Japan. PROFESSOR LAYTON!!!!

Ok So I am going to go ahead and just review the series as a whole, seeing as I don't have time to do 3 individual reviews.

The Story: The story lines of these games kind of interconnect with each other, though not as much as many people hoped. The Main characters obviously are in every game. I do love each of the story lines because they are so crazy that they just work for the game. There really is not much to say about the story without spoiling each of the games, so I guess you really have to go get it yourself.

The Gameplay: The Gameplay is kind of original for a puzzle game. You as Professor Layton walk around the towns talking to people about something, usually something to do with the story line. Sometimes the people have you finish a puzzle before they tell you anything, and sometimes you just have to randomly click around rooms looking for puzzles or hint coins, which I am going to talk about now. Hint coins are EXTREMELY useful (if the hint actually makes sense) when you need help in the harder puzzles, and sometimes the hints they give are just as difficult to understand as the puzzle itself. Now you are probably asking yourself, how do you know if the puzzle is going to be difficult or not, well they rate the puzzles by picarats, which when you complete the puzzle correctly are able to be used as currency in the extra settings. Though if you get the puzzle wrong, the picarats go start to lower, but the most they can only go down twice. Oh yeah in each of the games there is always a Side-Game that requires you to talk to basically about everyone until you get the right parts.

The Graphics: The graphics aren't that important in this game because its in 2d right, RIGHT? Right (you thought I was going to say wrong), but they do have cutscenes that flow perfectly through out the game. The cutscenes are basically just a little animation to go with the story. The graphics in the game I guess is what you could call cute, but I really wouldn't say that. I really don't know what to say about the graphics except they fit the game.Also I really like how each puzzle has its own kind of art style to it.

Overall: There really is not much to say about this game except what I have already stated. Again, The story is just so crazy it is awesome, the gameplay is really fun for a puzzle game, and the graphics fit the game.

So to Recap
Story: 9.5 out of 10
Gameplay: 9.8 out of 10
Graphics: 9.2 out of 10
Overall: 9.5 out of 10

13 comments:

  1. Your ratings are quite close to mine. But you could be a little harder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never played Prof. Layton before, but it looks interesting. Cool review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason I am not harsh on any reviews yet, is because I have only reviewed games I like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, guess I'm gonna have to play this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The story is just so crazy it is awesome, the gameplay is really fun for a puzzle game, and the graphics fit the game."

    Totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really wanting a 3ds but I've heard stuff about people feeling sick while playing it.
    As for Professor Layton, he's a boss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok this whole 3d without glasses business has me a little skeptical. Im going to have to do some research on this because it seems way to strange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't really been able to play in 3d yet, mainly because I don't have my game yet, but with the games on the software I have played with it on 3d for about 1hr and did not give me a headache.

    ReplyDelete