Monday, April 4, 2011

Battery life... Wait what?

So I am still waiting on the 3ds, but don't worry guys and gals it should be here in 3 days. I am looking at accessories to go with the 3ds and the only accessory it seems that I will need is a better battery. The only way I know that I will need a better battery is that so many reviewers before me have already stated its horrible battery life. They said that with everything turned on like the brightness up on full blast will get about 3hrs. Now a misconception about the 3ds is that the 3d turned on will decrease battery life. This is incorrect because as I stated in a before post about the parallax barrier, its more hardware than software, i.e. does not decrease battery life.

Now back to how to fix the bad battery life, Nyko's Charge Base, which includes their Power Pak + which essentially is just a bigger battery for the 3ds. The battery by itself is about 19.99$ without tax , while the Charge Base is just 10$ more for a sexy little Charging dock. Now I the battery gives you about 2x the battery life of the original battery. This is perfect for me because I need that extra battery life so I don't always have to go get the charger every three hours. It is also useful because on a trip to my relatives that I go on every few weeks, takes about 3hr 30min to 4hrs to complete, so now it can complete the car ride.

I also thought of something else, for those people that have to go on really long flights/ car rides, You could always bring your original battery and change it out when the nyko battery dies. So essentially you get about 9hrs if you push the console to its limit.

Remember check back on Thursday for the unboxing video.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the unboxing! You should post some gameplay. Also, 3 hours is just pathetic! Hahaha great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, now that we have the 3d-screen, its time for nintendo to invent some useful batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know... I think they made the battery life the way it is on purpose so they can sell you the 3DSi next year.

    ReplyDelete